Six Flags has announced details of all the rides and attractions coming to its theme parks in 2017, including many Warner Brothers and DC Comics branded attractions along with other thrilling rides at each of its other popular theme parks across the United States.
“We are tremendously excited about the 2017 season and look forward to delighting our guests with the types of innovative rides, attractions and signature events they have come to expect from Six Flags,” said John Duffey, President and CEO. “We are equally thrilled to be adding a new park—Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec Mexico—to the Six Flags family as we build on our commitment to deliver world-class entertainment for guests of all ages at every park, every year.”
In 2017, coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Great Adventure and as part of its 50th Anniversary celebration – Six Flags Over Georgia:
- The award-winning JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. This multi-sensory dark ride features the most sophisticated technology available, completely immersing riders in a video gaming world. Guests become members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team and battle alongside BATMAN, SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN, GREEN LANTERN and THE FLASH against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen to save Metropolis. The Joker’s partner in crime, Harley Quinn, will join the band of villains during this epic battle at Six Flags Magic Mountain.
Coming to Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Great America and Six Flags New England:
- The Joker – Named among the Top 10 most anticipated new roller coasters by USA TODAY and FOX News, this thrilling roller coaster is set to wreak havoc in 2017. After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below — just the sky, ground and plenty of sinister thrills.
Coming to Six Flags America:
- WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth – An extreme swing ride that spins guests in a 98-foot circle at speeds of 40 miles per hour atop a 24-story tower. Guests sit two across in open-air swings as they climb to the top of the tower while spinning round and round, high above the beautiful Maryland and D.C. landscape.
Coming to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom:
- A massive pendulum-shaped thrill ride that swings 40 guests back and forth at 70 miles per hour, while rotating counterclockwise and climbing higher and higher to 147 feet in the air. This exciting attraction will bear the name WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.
Celebrating its 25th Anniversary, Six Flags Fiesta Texas welcomes:
- Thunder Rapids – North America’s first rocket blast water coaster. This state-of-the-art attraction is part roller coaster, part water slide, featuring a custom-designed inline raft and new water jet propulsion technology for lightning-fast uphill speeds and adrenaline-pumping drops. Guests will also encounter four high-banked flying saucer turns throughout the 942-foot long structure. The ride’s advanced loading system design allows guests to quickly and easily board their vehicle at ground level from a moving station, eliminating the need to carry a tube.
Coming to Six Flags St. Louis:
- Spinsanity – This high-flying attraction brings a unique level of thrill as the massive disc spins first one direction and then another, while swinging from side-to-side. Forty guests sit on motorcycle-style seats facing outward as the disc flies along the 51-foot high half-pipe track all while whirling around at 14 revolutions per minute. Spinsanity is the first-of-its-kind attraction at Six Flags St. Louis.
Coming to Splashwater Kingdom at The Great Escape:
- Summer just got Bigger, Better and Wetter with the introduction of the all-new Bonzai Pipelines dueling water slides. The new attraction will feature a pair of twisting body slides with impressive heights, thrilling speeds and nearly 300 feet of pure splashing fun. A perfect way to beat the heat for thrill seekers and families alike, the slides will be located in the upper portion of Splashwater Kingdom. Bonzai Pipelines will be the water park’s 13th attraction and its first body slide tower.